To ensure the safety of our staff and community, the Arizona Animal Welfare League will be instituting an appointment based adoption program on select days.
We have a lot of amazing animals looking for homes, follow the simple process below to meet them!
*If the dog you are choosing to meet is listed as a "Must Meet" on their website profile and you have a dog(s) in the home, you must bring them to the shelter for a meet and greet.
2. Please complete the Matchmaker Guide for the correct location to find the best match for your family or lifestyle. If the animal's profile above states they are at the Chandler Adoption center, please fill out the Chandler Matchmaker guides. If the profile does not state they are at the Chandler Location, please select the Main Shelter Matchmaker guides.
3. Once you have completed your adoption survey, you will be presented with a link to book your adoption appointment. You can only receive the link to book an adoption appointment by completing the cat or dog Matchmaker Guide.
We apologize if all the slots within your availability are taken, but we won't be able to take walk ups.
- BE ON TIME for your appointment! We are trying to safely work with as many potential adopters as possible and being late or no-showing for an appointment prevents an animal for meeting their furever family.
- Do not sign up for a Cat Meet & Greet if you want to meet dogs and visa versa. We will not be able to accommodate those requests.
- You must make an appointment at the proper location for the animal you would like to see. Chandler Adoption appointments will not be honored at the Main shelter and vice versa.