- Can't choose just one from the many cute faces?
- Are you nervous about bringing home a new buddy for your four-legged baby?
- Are you new to pet parenting?
We Can Help!!!
Whether you are new to pet parenting or a seasoned life saver, the fact that you are considering adopting a homeless pet shows us you are a caring and compassionate person. Falling in love with a pet is easy but finding a life-long companion may seem overwhelming. Don't worry - AAWL is here to help! Our trained counselors will help you find the pet that is going to fit your family the best!
Worried about a good match? Ask our counselors about a slumber party! Our innovative program lets qualified adopters spend time with our animals in their own home to ensure a perfect match to their lifestyle.
How to Adopt at AAWL
Dogs and cats available for adoption at the Arizona Animal Welfare League are: spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, behaviorally and medically evaluated, treated for fleas/ticks, and 30 days of free pet health insurance.
The following steps outline how the adoption process works at Arizona Animal Welfare League.
- Bring the whole family – even the dog(s). We strongly encourage dog-to-dog introductions as a part of the match-making process and may require it in some cases. We do not require introductions for cats.
- Upon arriving at the Petmatch Adoption Center, you will be greeted by our friendly staff and/or volunteers and asked to fill out a short Adopter Profile. This is not an application, it is a match-making tool used to help you find the best match for you and the adoptable animals.
- You will be introduced to the available dogs and/or cats with some tips for narrowing down your search to the most appropriate pets.
- Visitors can meet one-on-one with pets in our play yards. Dogs will be introduced, too.
- If your pet meet is a success, you will spend a few minutes completing some paperwork and learning about the many "extras" included with each adoption. Then you and your new family member can go home and begin your "Furever" life.
- We have a variable adoption fee policy based on an animal's age, breed, temperament, behavioral issues, and physical condition. We also have senior and veteran discounts.
If you have other questions about adoption, please feel free to contact us at 602-273-6852 x116.