AAWL’s Young Professionals Council
WHAT IS THE LEAGUE?
The League is The Arizona Animal Welfare League’s young professionals council made up of young adults who:
- Are passionate about animal welfare,
- Raise money to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome homeless animals, and
- Expand AAWL’s footprint in the Phoenix community to engage the younger demographic as donors, volunteers, advocates and adopters.
In return, AAWL provides board training and experience for those who would like to prepare for future board service in non-profit organizations.
The ideal candidate is a socially connected young professional who is passionate about animal welfare and eager to promote the AAWL mission. You will be part of AAWL’s “front line” of ambassadors to our local community and have influence over our events and initiatives. You should be willing to contribute new ideas on how AAWL can meet and/or exceed its revenue and programmatic goals - and help see them through to fruition!
Experience in fundraising or business development, social media marketing, or events (planning/execution) is a plus.
Prospective council members must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have an interest in AAWL’s mission to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome homeless animals
- Agree to serve an initial full term (2 years)
- Attend at least 80% of meetings annually (dates subject to change)
- Raise a minimum of $500 each term through fundraising or personal contributions
- AAWL Signature Event tickets, corporate sponsorships, and individual donations count towards the total (excluding in-kind gifts)
- Commit ~3-5 hours a month to support events and ongoing initiatives (in addition to council meetings)
- Hours each month vary depending on sub-committee meetings, AAWL events, external networking events on behalf of AAWL, etc.
- Contribute to vital fundraising efforts that thousands of homeless animals rely on
- Gain nonprofit board training in a safe & nurturing environment, including topics such as:
- Responsibilities of a nonprofit board member
- Analyzing financial statements
- Creating a budget
- Using social media for marketing
- Connect with other like-minded young professionals in private, public, and nonprofit sectors
Your application must include two professional recommendations. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing. You will receive an invitation to schedule an interview upon receipt of a complete submission (your personal application + two recommendations).
For questions, please contact email@example.com.