"Counselors-In-Training Camp” provides a unique opportunity for teens to gain the skills needed to become a camp counselor while learning more about their own interests and strengths. This camp includes an AED, CPR & First Aid Certification course. Campers will get first-hand experience working with younger children and get hands-on training with some of our exotic animals.
- CPR & First Aid certification
- Dog and Cat CPR course
- Dog and Cat First Aid course
- Animal handling training with our exotic animals
- Daily animal care
- 20 hours community service
- Customer service training
Teens will get the chance to shadow our camp instructors throughout the week in different classrooms, so they can see the different teaching styles of our instructors. At the end of the week campers will use what they have learned from camp and take a leadership role in one of the classrooms where they will get the chance to present one of our exotic animals of their choice.
Teens who complete “Counselors-In-Training Camp” are given preference for positions as staff members once they turn 18.
- This camp is for kids ages 13-17.
- Fee includes (1) one-week camp.
- Full Day (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Before-care (8:00am - 9:00am) is available for $60 per week (or $15 per day), and after-care (3:00pm - 5:30pm) is available for $125 per week (or $30 per day).
- NO REFUNDS are offered on camp registration fees although we will happily transfer your payment to another program.
Education Team (602.273.6852 x122 | Eduadmin@aawl.org)