In order to volunteer at the Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old. (If you are under 18, our Animal Tales™ Education program will provide a variety of hands-on animal experiences for kids and teens).
- Be able to provide six hours of service per month for a minimum six month period.
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift, or stand for long periods when working directly with the animals.
- Possess strong customer service skills including writing and clear verbal communications in English as all volunteer positions work directly with the public, staff and other volunteers.
- Be able to listen to kennel/cattery commands and verbally communicate to public, staff and volunteers (for safety reasons, applies to volunteers who wish to work directly with the animals).
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation and Shelter Training class, which is held 1-2 times per month.