In order for your dog to be considered for intake, you must go through the following process:
1) Fill out our dog owner surrender application form here.
Reminder - There is a $50 surrender fee for any pet we take in to help with cost of care. Please allow 72 hours for an email response.
2) If the dog sounds like a match for AAWL, you will be contacted and a date will be set up for a behavior and medical evaluation.
Please note - All evaluations must be scheduled. There are no walk-ins.
3) At your scheduled evaluation, we ask that you bring any previous veterinarian records and any medications your dog is taking (if applicable). Your dog will be assessed behaviorally and also medically to ensure there are no major issues that would impede us finding the dog a home.
4) Based on the results of our evaluation, we will make a determination in regards to accepting your dog.
5) If we accept your dog, you will need to be prepared to surrender the cat immediately OR wait until we have space. You will be asked to complete the following information
Owner Surrender Form ‐ (NOTE: You must have a Valid Driver's License or other form of legal I.D.)
Owner Surrender Profile - providing information about the cat for potential adopters.