In order for your cat to be considered for intake, you must go through the following process:
1) Fill out our cat owner surrender application form here.
Reminder - There is a $50 surrender fee for any pet we take in to help with cost of care. Please allow 72 hours for an email response.
2) If the cat sounds like a match for AAWL, you will be contacted and a date will be set up for a behavior and medical evaluation.
Please note - All evaluations must be scheduled. There are no walk-ins.
3) At your scheduled evaluation, we ask that you bring any previous veterinarian records. Your cat will be given a 10-‐minute blood test for feline leukemia and FIV and will be assessed behaviorally and also medically to ensure there are no major issues that would impede us finding the cat a home.
4) Based on the results of our evaluation, we will make a determination in regards to accepting your cat.
5) If we accept your cat, you will need to be prepared to surrender the cat immediately OR wait until we have space. You will be asked to complete the following information
Owner Surrender Form ‐ (NOTE: You must have a Valid Driver's License or other form of legal I.D.)
Owner Surrender Profile - providing information about the cat for potential adopters.