Is your child interested in earning service learning credit for school or do they just have a love for animals? AAWL's Education Department is proud to introduce Junior Volunteer Days. Led by a professional humane educator, Junior Volunteer Days allow children ages 8-17 to participate in the day-to-day volunteer activities of the shelter in a structured, safe environment. Typical activities include:cleaning small mammal enclosures, making enrichment activities for exotic animals, sorting and folding laundry, socializing the animals at our shelter, and more. Additionally, students are instructed on proper daily care of a variety of animals.
*AAWL reserves the right to cancel this program if the minimum number of 3 registrations is not met 24 hours prior to the class. You will be notified via email if the program is canceled.
- Participants must have a respect for animals, other participants and instructors.
- Participants must be able to follow direction and have an eagerness to learn.
- Children with extreme allergies to small mammals, birds, dogs or cats should not attend.
- Participants must follow the age ranges specified in the camp descriptions or be within 3 months of the minimum age. No exceptions.
- Students must come prepared for physical labor and wear appropriate clothing.
What to Bring:
- Closed-toe shoes
- Appropriate clothing for bending down, leaning, carrying, etc. Short shorts and low cut tops are not permitted.
- Water bottle
- Authorization forms (sent upon successful registration)
- Mask / Face covering to cover the nose and mouth is required
Education Team (602.273.6852 x122 | Eduadmin@aawl.org)