This month's Ruff Draft Book: "No Fear Romeo and Juliet"
One of the most classic stories in literature, with plain english explanations! On one page, the story of star crossed lovers in true Shakesperean english. On the opposite page, plain english line by line descriptions! the best way to appreciate the bard's play.
Do you love animals and reading? Join the only book club that helps homeless pets get adopted! Arizona Animal Welfare League introduces Ruff Draft, where you can read to our shelter pets. There is no cost to join! It's very simple:
1. Borrow one of the monthly book club books from the lobby, graciously donated by Changing Hands Bookstore.
2. Choose a dog or cat of your choice that would love some company.
3. Sit outside one of our dog kennels or inside one of our cat rooms and read as much as you want! P.S. We have pillows you can borrow.
4. Once you're done reading, return the book to the lobby. If you want to pick up your own copy, stop by one of Changing Hands Two locations, then finish the book before our monthly meeting!
5. Attend our once a month Ruff Draft meeting at our main shelter and discuss the book, and your favorite adoptable pets!
Studies have shown the positive impacts of simple interactions such as reading to dogs on the mental wellbeing of animals. Shy dogs can help gain confidence, energetic dogs learn how to be calm and relax, curious kittens learn to trust and play with people! It's a Win/Win as you also expand your reading list and help get homeless animals adopted by posting them on social media, as well as help them spend their time in the shelter in a fun way.
Note: you must be 18 or over to participate in Ruff Draft, as the books we choose are adult fiction. We do have a reading to dogs program for kids HERE!
PLease complete the book before book club, we will be discussing it at Ruff Draft. There is no reading time during our meetings.