Family Volunteer Days is a NEW program designed for adults and children to volunteer together in a safe, educational, and rewarding setting. Led by a professional humane educator, Family Volunteer Days allows families with children ages 6-17 to participate in everyday volunteer activities at our shelter. Activities could include: cleaning kennels, condos, or enclosures, cleaning transport vehicles, weeding, making enrichment activities, laundry, and more.
Pricing is per person with a maximum of 5 people per family.
$15 per person (minimum of 2 people and maximum of 5 people per group).
If you arrive on the day of the program with extra people in your group that are not included in your registration, you will need to pay for them prior to starting the program.
Registration closes at 5pm on Friday, March 13, or when the session is full.
- Participants must have a respect for animals, other participants and instructors.
- Participants must be able to follow direction and have an eagerness to learn.
- Those with extreme allergies to small mammals, birds, dogs, or cats should not attend.
- Youth participants must be at least 6 years old. No exceptions.
- Participants must come prepared for physical labor and wear appropriate clothing (i.e. closed-toe shoes and pants).
- Adult participants must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Education Team (602.273.6852 x122 | Eduadmin@aawl.org)