Through the years, our beloved pet(s) have provided us with companionship, comfort and love. By making a bequest or other planned gift to the Arizona Animal Welfare League (AAWL), Arizona's oldest and largest "no-kill" shelter, you will continue to save the lives of homeless animals for years to come.
FREE Pet Trust Seminars:
Wednesday, February 16th at 12pm
Saturday, May 21st at 12pm
Saturday, August 20th at 9:30am
Wednesday, November 16th at 12pm
Some of the Ways to Help Include:
- Naming AAWL as a beneficiary in a will or living trust
- Use this free will-writing tool to create your legal will, and a legacy gift to AAWL, quickly and easily.
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
- Naming AAWL as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement account
- Donating to our Endowment Fund
Ready to get started? We’ve partnered with FreeWill to make it easier than ever to create an estate plan and support AAWL. Use this online tool to write your legal will at no personal cost, and create a gift to support generations of animals throughout Arizona. It’s secure, completely free to use, and takes 20 minutes or less. Get started on your free will and legacy here.
By remembering AAWL in your plans, you will become a member of the Legacy League program. For information on our Angels For Animals program, a way to care for your companion animals if you predecease them, or about joining the Legacy League please contact us at email@example.com or call Donor Relations at 602 273-6852 x 106. Or you can click here to print out our Legacy League Membership Application or Legacy League informational flyer.
Bequest Options & Sample Attorney Language
Your attorney or financial advisor can work with you to include AAWL in your will, trust, or codicil.
Below is specific language that you and your attorney can use to remember AAWL in your will. Bequest options include:
- Specific Bequest: States a specific dollar amount, percentage of your estate, or property to AAWL. Sample language to get you started: “I give, devise and bequeath ____% of my estate (or specific assets) for the benefit of the Arizona Animal Welfare League, 25 N 40th St, Phoenix, AZ 85034, FEIN 23-7149453, to be used for its general purposes.”
- Residuary Bequest: Made when you intend to leave the residue portion of your assets after other terms of the will have been satisfied. Sample language: “All the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, I give to the Arizona Animal Welfare League, 25 N 40th St, Phoenix, AZ 85034, FEIN 23-7149453, to be used for its general purposes.”
- Contingency Bequest: Allows you to leave a portion of your estate to AAWL if your named beneficiary does not survive you. Sample language: “If (beneficiary) does not survive me, I devise and bequeath my residuary estate to the Arizona Animal Welfare League, 25 N 40th St, Phoenix, AZ 85034, FEIN 23-7149453, to be used for its general purposes.”
- Restricted Bequest: Allows you to designate how your gift to AAWL will be used, such as to name an endowment or to support a specific purpose, such as the MDPetCare Clinic.
- Other Gifts: You can leave real estate, IRA’s, insurance policies, and personal property. Gift annuities and stock are also considered planned gifts and may offer substantial tax advantages. Trusts may provide life income while ultimately benefiting AAWL.