Adopt a Dog or Cat
Programs and Events
- Birthday Parties
- Girl Scouts Programs
- Workshops: Adult, Weekend, and Afterschool
- Ally and Boots Scholarship Fund
- Jr. Paw Club
NEW: Multiple Valley Locations
Got Love to Spare?
Volunteers are the key to our success! The time and effort volunteers spend with the animals keeps the Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA (AAWL & SPCA) empowered to save the lives of homeless animals. Thank you for your interest in joining our dynamic volunteer ranks!
- At least 18 years old. (If you are under 18 our Animal Tales™ Education program will provide a variety of hands-on animal experiences for kids and teens or see below for the Youth/School Projects link).
- Able to provide eight hours of service per month for a minimum six month period.
- Able to squat, bend, twist, lift, or stand for long periods when working directly with the animals.
- Possess strong customer service skills including writing and clear verbal communications in English as all volunteer positions work directly with the public, staff and other volunteers.
- For safety reasons, volunteers who wish to work directly with the animals must be able to listen to kennel/cattery commands and verbally communicate to public, staff and volunteers.
- Attend the Volunteer Orientation & Shelter Training class held three times per month.
How to Volunteer
Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions, please e-mail the Volunteer Services Department.
Volunteer at AAWL
To become a volunteer at our main facility on 40th Street and Washington, you must first complete and submit the Volunteer Application and attend an Orientation session.
Volunteer at PetMatch Adoption Center at Chandler Fashion Center
To become a volunteer at our PetMatch Adoption Center at Chandler Fashion Center, please click here to view Orientation dates and sign up for the one that works best for your schedule.
Volunteers are involved in virtually all aspects of AAWL & SPCA, from helping find homes for animals to keeping up the grounds. Here are a few examples:
- Cattery volunteers
- Dog walking/socializing/cleaning
- Adoption Counselor
- Foster parent
- Off-site events
- Fundraising/Special Projects/Clerical volunteer
- Transport driver
- In-Shelter care of education animals (Birds, Rabbits, Rodents, Reptiles)
- Lobby Host
- Off-Site adoption locations