Who we are:
MD Petcare Animal Clinic is the Arizona Animal Welfare League's premier low cost veterinary clinic. Our mission is to be a supportive and valuable resource for pet guardians, by providing a lower cost option for veterinary care. We believe that by providing this service, pet guardians may be able to provide both vital and routine veterinary care for their companion animals, thereby reducing the necessity of surrendering their pet to the shelter.
Our state-of-the-art equipment
- SediVue for UA
- Hydraulic Dental tables
- Dental Radiology
- Digital Radiology
- State of the art anesthetic monitoring machines.
We are looking for a full-time staff veterinarian for MD PetCare. The veterinarian should have a good knowledge of private practice standard procedures - the scope of knowledge should also include, but not limited to, physical exams, treatment procedures, dentals, mass removals, and spay/neuter.
Responsibilities will include but are not restricted to the following:
- Assist in training veterinary techs.
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping in the computerized medical records system.
- Work cooperatively with other veterinarians, the CEO, medical staff and department managers.
· DVM or VMD degree from an accredited university with an active Arizona license (or the ability to acquire an Arizona license).
· Must be an enthusiastic team-player
· Must be able to work collectively on cases with other Veterinarians and Specialists.
· Ability to problem solve and work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work independently and to keep a neat and organized working environment.
· Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively with staff, volunteers, and community in a professional, pleasant, respectful manner
- Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances and to humanely restrain an animal when necessary.
To Apply for This Position
To Apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Marcus Brown at MBrown@aawl.org
Low-Cost Public Clinic (Arizona Animal Welfare League)
Clinic hours for M-F 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Select Saturdays 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Apply by email. Please include CV and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, DOE