Looking for something to do with your family, earn community service hours and have fun with animals in a safe environment?
Our new, Private Family Volunteer Day will pair you with one of our Zookeepers as you help them in their daily tasks caring for our exotic animal collection and our facilities. Your family will learn the history of Arizona Animal Welfare League while taking a tour of our campus before your community service begins. Activities may include: preparing animal diets, cleaning small animal enclosures, sweeping, making enrichment activities, laundry, and more.
Ages: 6 and up
- Authorization forms
- Closed-toe shoes
- Clothing for weather and work that may include bending, leaning (and maybe getting dirty!)
- Water bottle
- Snack (if needed)
- An attitude ready to work, learn and have fun!
- 9:00 am - 11:00am
- 10:00 - 12:00pm
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- 4:00 pm - 6 pm
This program can be scheduled most days of the week! After you register for this program, a member of our staff will reach out to you to schedule the time and day for your group. Please allow at least 24 -48 hours for reply by email.
$75 for a family of 3; $25 for each additional family member, up to a maximum of 8 people per group.
Education Team (Eduadmin@aawl.org) to arrange the best day and time for your program
Our Education Department will disinfect all common surface areas before and after each Private Family Volunteer Day. In addition to this, masks will be worn by all participants and social distance will be maintained between the Family and all members of staff.
- Participants must have a respect for animals, other participants and instructors.
- Participants must be able to follow direction and have an eagerness to learn.
- Those with extreme allergies to small mammals, reptiles, dogs, or cats should not attend.
- Youth participants must be at least 6 years old.
- Participants must come prepared for work and helping our shelter and our animals
- Adult participants must be able to lift 15 lbs.