I found a stray animal, can I bring him to AAWL & SPCA to surrender?

All strays over three months of age should be taken to Maricopa Animal Care and Control (MCACC), for a stray hold to give owners a central location to claim their animals. For stray cats you have two choices: you can take the cat to MCACC or Arizona Humane Society (AHS). There is a surrender fee for both facilities. Other suggestions if you've found a pet:

  • Post flyers in and around your neighborhood or where the pet was found, after getting the OK from the proper authorities, of course.
  • Include an easy-to-read title, such as "Found Cat" or "Found Dog."
  • Provide a brief description of the found animal (e.g., Female, brown tabby with white tail).
  • Leave your name and number.
  • Omit one or two of the pet's unique identifying marks so you can make sure you have the true owner of the pet.
  • Consider placing a "Found Pet" classified ad in the newspaper - many large papers do it for free!
  • Register and search for the found pet on Pets 911 either by phone at 1-888-PETS911 or on the Internet at www.pets911.com
  • Register the found pet with Arizona Pet Line by calling 602-252-2727
  • Register the found pet with Missing Mutts by calling 480-898-8914 (they help cats, too!)
Central/West Valley East Valley
Maricopa County Animal Care and Control
2500 S. 27th Ave., Phoenix
Maricopa County Animal Care and Control
2630 W. 8th St., Mesa


Designed and powered by OpenSpark